Thursday, October 16, 2014

birthday.

It's my birthday. I am thirty six. Wow. That sounds a lot older than 35 for some reason. A little bit closer to 40. Eeek.
Writing out the story has me reflecting on 12 years ago on my birthday. I was 23 turning 24. I had just been on the craziest nine months of my life up until that point. We had been married a month and it was both good and hard at the same time. A week later after my birthday I would flush the birth control pills and get pregnant with our first child. Yikes. I was just getting used to being married and now I was going to be a mother?

 I was on a crazy journey of identity and transition. 


It has been a wild ride at times over the past 12 years. Sometimes I look at pictures from the early 2000's and dont' like who I see. She is a different person than who I am today. But I need to give her and myself grace because she has helped me to get where I am today.


I feel like I am kind of in another season of identity. God is teaching me more of who the real Heather is. I am learning to become comfortable in my own skin. I am learning to be okay with how God has wired me. I am stepping out into new things and liking it. 

I am excited to see what 36 brings.

my excited face. riding rides with eden at dutch wonderland ;)


No comments: